Saturday, December 17, 2011

Peek-a-boo Snowflake Card

I really love the position-it-wherever feature of the Martha Stewart punch all over snowflake punches (available at Ben Franklin Crafts). It allows me to create openings in cards that would be impossible with other punches. I used these punches to make the peek-a-boo feature on the front of this card. (Punch out the single snowflake first.) Inside the card I stamped and glittered the Stampendous snowpeople image using light blue Memento ink and watercolor pencils. I purposely made the image monochromatic and light so it would only hint at something behind the punched snowflakes. (Sorry, the photo is not clear of the image because I was trying to avoid the glare on the packages.) Martha Stewart Christmas print ribbon and a K & Co. adhesive cardstock sticker with foil highlights (two sheets of assorted stickers in the package) was used for the band around the card. (Hint: Dust the back of the tag sticker with cornstarch once you have it in place on the ribbon so that the adhesive backed sticker tag won't stick to the card and make the removal of the band and opening of the card difficult.) I hope this post has shown you how simple it is to create your own one-of-a-kind card. I'm glad you visited this blog today come back soon for more holiday craft ideas.



4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a great combination...I love this card...thanks for sharing..

Joy said...

I love those punch all over the page ones, too. I bought that Nordic snowflake punch too. I used it for tags and the sides of a small box.

Thanks for sharing your card, it's really cute!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh so pretty Lynn, cute idea on the front of the card, great punches and cute snowman.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, I really love your card. That's a GREAT idea. TFS.