Thursday, September 3, 2015

Birthday Card for a Cat and Coffee Loving Guy

I think my adult son does not like all the childish cards I usually give him. (He'll always be my baby.*wink*wink*)  With this in mind, I decided to make a sort of office (he works in one) themed card.  I started with a 6x6 card blank made from a Canvas Corp 12x12 sheet. To this I adhered a Snap studio 4x6 card from a pack. (It looked like an index card with the 'oh happy day!' banner.) I added some stamped words from the Hero Arts 'Need Caffeine' stamp set, Clearly Kelly (HA) set, and Paper Smooches ' Charmed Cat 2' stamp set.
Even though I didn't need any more Snap studio items for my albums, some of the employees at the Hilo Ben Franklin Crafts store said that the clearance (Snap studio) items could be used for card making.  I agreed and found that they are excellent because of the colors and small size.  Since I was going to give  a Starbuck's gift card, the Snap studio pocket seemed just right.  I happened to have the wooden handled HA cup stamp into which the Inkadikado cat image fit perfectly. Masking the stamped cup allowed me to stamp the kitten into the cup. The HA clear stamp set has a smaller image of the cup which you could use with a smaller animal image.
Oh, the paw prints on the front of the card were added to cover an ink smudge, but ironically it helped to connect the outside to the inside of the card. Don't you just love it when you can turn lemons into lemonade. Sweet!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

of course he will always be your baby.. I bet he loves them..

Joy said...

Oh, he's going to love this card, Lynn! It's hard to believe how fast they've grown up! But both boys are just outstanding, so smart and so humble, great job you and Wayne did!

Leanne said...

Oh happy birthday to your son, yay for September babies! No matter what age they will always be your babies. :) Great use of the sn@p studio pieces. I've always thought you can use anything to scrapbook and make cards with. Everything is so versatile. Great share!!