Monday, September 28, 2015

Zombie Brains Card

The black and grey ombre Hero Arts ink pad did not appeal to me at first, but then I thought about Halloween and then it went on sale at Ben Franklin Crafts so it seemed like a 'sign' that I should get it. LOL! I made this card to showcase what can be done with the Ombre ink pad and the Hero Arts Kelly cling stamp background.  The weird zombie brain jar stamp (came on a sheet of unmounted images) is from Viva Las Vegas Stamps where you can find a huge assortment of unique Halloween themed stamps. I think my son will enjoy the humor of this card because he works in a medical lab that deals with projects involving brain disorders.
The shaker jar was made simply by cutting an acetate sheet the same shape as the stamped image and gluing the edges with Beacon 3 in 1 glue.  I left the top of the acetate (the jar neck) open and filled  the pocket with Martha Stewart micro beads before gluing the the neck closed. Does it look like the brains are talking?  Have a spooky Halloween!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a perfect card for your son. Fun and bet he'll get a kick out of it.

Annette Allen said...

ok now that is just TOO AWESOME.. he will love it

Leanne said...

Well glad you waited, this is soo cool!! He's going to enjoy it!