Thursday, September 24, 2015

Using Kuretake/Zig Brush Marker on a Quick Tag

 I couldn't wait to try out my new set of Kuretake/Zig brush markers so I grabbed other items I just purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and decided to make a quick tag.  Since the pineapples in my yard are plentiful and sweet, I was inspired to make a simple tag with the new Avery Elle pineapple stamp and matching die set.  I really was anxious to get my hands on that 'aloha' die....hope they make a mahalo one too.  The markers worked like a dream...gliding on smooth and blending easily.  I love the marker brush tips because they are tiny but very flexible so coloring is super easy.  I also just purchased some Doodlebug rainbow colored washi tape for another project, but I needed more color on my tag so 'zip,' on went the washi tape. The finishing touch was a skinny rainbow Heiko ribbon that I purchased awhile ago at either BFC or Celebrations. Oh, I added a face to the pineapple with a Kitty Bee stamp and some  Stickles. The base for the tag was cut with a Little B die from a set. Okay, playtime is over for now....time to put away my toys. See you soon!

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

love the way you colored your pineapple.. such a cute card..

Leanne said...

Cute tag! I love that die, gonna have to track it down. Super sweet read. Have a great Aloha Friday Lynn!

eva said...

oh, great tag! the pineapple and aloha die are on my wish list too. and so lucky you got try out those watercolor brush markers! they look like they color great!

eunice said...

What an adorable pineapple tag! (You GROW pineapple??!!!) Love the bright and cheery colors...oh, tell us more about the Kuretake Zig markers - are they water or alcohol based? If they are as easy to blend as you say, I must give them a try! And LOVE the idea of adding the cute face to the stamp...wow, with that Kitty Bee stamp you can make just about anything turn "kawaii"! Must HAVE!!!

Shirley N said...

How cute that you added the face Lynn. Super sweet pineapple tag!

Tulle said...

I can’t wait to put this advice to use and see where it gets me!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Lynn, this is such a fun project, I love it. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my project at Whimsy Stamps x