Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ombre Sewing Machine Card

 I think this ombre ink background is the most successful one I've made so far.  Perhaps it's the vintage-look fabric background stamp (Hero Arts) that helps to showcase the variation in blues.  Anyway, I thought the Paper Smooches images would fit well with the stamped background...I stamped the back of the card, too.  My wacky sense of humor made me give voices to the sewing machine and pin cushion.  The PS speech bubble dies made this easy to do.  I think the border of stamped stitching and glued on 'real' buttons adds to the overall look of the card.  This card is a perfect addition to my stash of cards for any occasion.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you've been inspired to check out the 'ombre' supplies at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww what a sweet card.. i love this set..

Leanne said...

What a fun idea!! You did a great job on the background and I giggled at the speech bubbles. hahaha! I'll have to check out those ombre inks. TFS another great idea/project Lynn.