Monday, June 15, 2020

Quilter's Card


 When I saw the Pink & Main quilt die, I knew it would make a perfect card for a friend of mine who can whip up quilts like magic.  Admiring her, I purchased a new sewing machine and some great fabric, but alas no quilt has magically appeared...sigh!  This quilt die has allowed me to sort of 'quilt'.  It was fun to cut out the red card stock border and punch out the inside pieces.  Next I die cut a second piece from printed card stock.  I used a glue pen (Martha Stewart) to adhere the red quilt frame to the card front and add in the printed pieces.  The Ai stamp was stamped and colored in with Copic pens before fussy cutting and attaching to the card with adhesive foam squares.  The sentiment that came with the Ai set was printed on a rectangle of scrap paper and attached with Heiko double stick tape.  I photographed two versions of the card to show you how just changing the printed paper and arrangement of the elements can make a difference in the look of the final product.  I like the card on the left; my husband likes the other one.  The insides of the cards were left blank because that way I can use them for thank you, birthday, or any occasion cards. (Click on the top photo if you want to see the details of the cards.)  If we are still on lockdown and you need craft supplies, you can try calling HM Ben Franklin Crafts to get a drive-by pick up. As always, it is our privilege to serve you and we hope you will continue to be our loyal customers. Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

yay for pink and main die... those ladies crack me up... what a fun card. Love it