Friday, June 19, 2020

Welcome Precious Baby Boy Card

 I just couldn't wait to ink up the Stamp Market marbled background stamp.  I made a bunch of tests using various white and cream card stock and some ink pads I had floating around on my craft desk.  I experimented with cheap ink pads because I knew that eventually the colors would get muddy.  I dragged various colors along the design and misted the inked stamp with water. One of the resulting faux background papers had colors that I thought would make a great baby card.  Since I do need one in a few months, I began assembling the parts for a not 'too girly' baby card.  My favorite image in the Whimsy Stamp set is the giraffe so I made him the focal point.  This stamp set has a matching die set which included the BABY die that I used on pearlescent blue card stock..  I used the Lawn Fawn rectangle rickrack die to cut out a yellow card with the top fold still attached.  I would have left the card like this but then I noticed that the inside of the yellow rickrack card was smudged so I attached it to a plain blue folded card.  Now the card looks like a baby blanket which is appropriate....  YAY!...card saved! The die cut giraffe was colored with Copic pens.  The pretty pastel ribbon is a Heiko product. The mini heart shaped yellow buttons is from my stash of heart shaped embellishments.  Even though I never really had a direction for this card, I am happy with the outcome which made use of my newly marbled card stock.  If you are still staying home quarantined, stamp marbling will keep you amused for a long time and is less messy than real paper marbling. After my stamping session, I was rewarded by a stack of marbled backgrounds which you may see in upcoming projects.  Thanks for visiting this blog and please do return often...leave a comment if you have some spare time. Hugs!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

yay for mixing it all up. this card is adorable.