Sunday, October 31, 2021

Boo! Quick Halloween Skeleton Postcard

This year I had a very slow start to holiday crafting due to personal trips and shipment delays.  However, I just HAD to make one last-minute spooky card before going on to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  This postcard was inspired by the Nebula Designer slimline paper from Whimsy Stamps. Although I think these papers were for outer space cards, to me they seemed spooky.  It was really simple to stamp the 'BOO' (old Hero Arts) and heat emboss with neon yellow green Moxy powder.  The TAJ skeleton stamp was used around the words and heat embossed with Hero Arts white pearl powder. I had imagined that the color would be more whitish but silvery white is okay...perhaps I needed to shake the jar of powder a little more.  Anyway, I am pleased with the way this postcard turned out.  Did you know that you can make and send postcards in a multitude of sizes for very little postage?  I think the slimline size and shape make it ideal for a quick, different way to send a greeting.  Let's bring back the use of postcards!  Happy Halloween!



 

4 comments:

eunice said...

Whimsy Stamps certainly has a wide variety of fun background cardstock to make unique cards. The print you used for your postcard was perfect for an eerie Halloween card. With postage rates on the rise, sending postcards sounds like a great alternative. My cousin sends her family Christmas photo as a postcard every year and I'm always amazed that it looks pretty good despite having gone thru the mail!

yyam said...

Such a fun card! Hope you are having fun with all the trips. I'm pretty much stuck at home...share your adventures!;)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love your spooktacular Halloween card. The colors and Boo sentiment are perfect. Thumbs up!!!

Annette Allen said...

This is spooky fun.. totally love it