Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Cape Cod Thank You Card

This is the third day since we returned from Cape Cod....jet lag day.  I am having a hard time focusing on crafting but I really did need to send out a thank you card to some dear friends who made us a fabulous fresh lobster dinner complete with appetizers and homemade dessert! This card (like the last posted one) didn't show up well in my photo.  I kept it simple and started with a card stock that was printed with a photo scene that looked a bit like Cape Cod.  I stamped the words with blue ink and dusted with sparkle embossing powder before using a heat gun.  I stamped the shells on watercolor paper before coloring them with Gensai pearl watercolors and die cutting them. Foam dot adhesives used under the shells made them more dimensional. Wow, that was so simple even with jet lag!



 While digging around for an envelope for the Cape Cod card, I happened upon an envelope that exactly matched a tie-dyed washi paper scrap on my desk  so I glued the paper scrap onto a card blank and added a die cut foil 'thank you'.  ( I had the foil words already cut because I always cut 'extras'  so when I'm in a rush the words are there in the package with the die...a time saver! )  This thank you card goes into my stash for future use.  Even though tired, I had a good crafting day!

No comments: