Saturday, January 22, 2022

Chocolate Cranberry Scones

Yes, I'm still baking those cranberries into everything!  Luckily the fresh cranberries last a long time in the refrigerator.  I started with a simple chocolate scone recipe from Tea Time magazine.  I added about a cup of fresh cranberries, used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, replaced some of the all purpose white flour with whole wheat and added a candied pecan to the top of each scone. (Yup, still trying to use up the candied pecans, too.)  I was pleased with the resulting scones and they should pair well with my homemade lemon curd (cooked up from lemons grown in my own yard)!

 

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh my mouth is watering. Your scones look super yummy and I’ll bet they taste great with lemon curd.

Annette Allen said...

now those look too yummy.. I would love to be your neighbor. Everytime I spelled you baking I would knocking on your door.. LOL heehee

yyam said...

Oooohhh..so yummy!