Sunday, January 30, 2022

Valentine Card, Squirrels with a Balloon

I had a piece of the heart stenciled paper leftover from a previous project so I decided that it would make a great background for a Valentine's Day card for my squirrel-loving grandson.  Art Impressions was selling the cutest set of Valentine squirrel stamp images so of course I HAD to get it.  I picked my favorite image and sentiment which I stamped, colored with Copic pens, and fussy cut. Like the birthday/Valentine card in my last post, I used my Lawn Fawn dies to cut the scalloped card base and coordinating inner panel.  Because the scalloped edge on the left side (folded side) had flattened scallops, I decided to thread ribbon through the folded edge to cover up the less than perfect edge.  It was a good camouflage but then I needed to add some pink to the card.  I think all the colors worked out except the heart balloon was too red so I applied some pink glitter.  While this addition will appeal to my grandson, it obscured the 'LOVE".  Oh well, he can't read yet...LOL!  For a little more interest and bling, I added a purple resin heart sticker. (I purchased the sticker set from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.) I didn't show the inside of this card but it has a fussy cut squirrel (the one holding the acorn) which I think is my favorite.  Hopefully my adorable, cutie-pie grandson will like this card and it will be a Valentine decoration for his room.  Heart Hugs!

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

This is adorable.. i am loving all those hearts and the squirrels are too cute..