Thursday, February 3, 2022

Valentine, You Are My Favorite

This is the counterpart to the last Valentine's Day card I posted.  It is for the twin cousins of my squirrel loving grandson. While they don't have any affinity for squirrels, I couldn't resist the two squirrels in a nut image. I've seen my grandsons hugging just like that. Also I like to jokingly tell each identical twin that they are my favorite. LOL!  Please refer back to my post from Jan. 26th to understand how I created the background.  The main image was stamped, colored with Copic pens and fussy cut.  A little vinyl heart sticker was added for interest.  All the words were stamps that were curved a bit on the acrylic block before stamping with permanent ink.  I hand cut the banner.  
Just for fun, I added another little squirrel inside the card.  I think I will look for just the right ribbon or yarn to weave through the openings on the spine of the card because I think the green leaf on the card front doesn't match the rest of the card.  If I find the right colors, I will add a P.S. photo. Okay, onward to making more Valentine crafts. YAY!
I found the perfect ribbon for this card!  It's gauzy with a little bit of purple and a greenish shimmery sheen.  I purchased the ribbon roll from Celebrations (store next to Mapunapuna HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  Now this card looks just right!


 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Super cute image! You make the cutest cards!

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so sweet.. I love this set. I wish N&T was still in business.