Friday, February 11, 2022

Raccoons In Love Valentine Card

I acquired a new Lawn Fawn die that cuts out little hearts in a quilt-like pattern.  Normally, I would have just backed it with a solid colored card blank but I had a Simple Stories 12x12 printed card stock that I wanted to use because it had black and white stripes on one side.  I thought this lined print would match well with the Hero Arts raccoons images. Also the different colored mini hearts peeking through the openings give the card a quirky look.  The raccoons were colored with Copic pens and die cut with the matching Hero Arts dies.  
On the inside with black and white stripes, I added another raccoon and Spellbinder die cut heart before stamping the sentiment in red permanent ink.
This view shows the back of the card which is the design underneath the LF die cut card front.  I used my Misti stamp aligning tool to get the words exactly where I wanted them and was able to re-stamp to darken the words.  Besides my much used Fiskar paper trimmer, the Misti is a tool that I am always glad I have in my craft room. I know that this post is after Valentine's Day, but I just love all the hearts and sentiments so I'll keep posting until I'm done with the cuteness. LOL!
P.S. Be sure to save all the little heart confetti that you cut out with the LF die. The hearts make great fillers for shaker cards.
 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is TOO CUTE...