Monday, February 7, 2022

Crafty Characters Magnetic Calendars


This time of the year it is hard for me not to put hearts on everything I craft.  These are not Valentine calendars but they could be.  I actually just wanted to use up my 2022 mini Vippies calendars and send out something to a crafty blogger who mailed some cool products to me.   The Taylored Expressions Crafty Grumplimgs are so cute in a grouchy sort of way and the saying are hilarious so I thought they were perfect to send to my crafty friends.
I started these calendars by enclosing the turquoise cardstock in the Pink &Main embossing folder (this was part of my goodie package from my blogger friend) and running it through my Big Shot machine with the special platform in it. This made the straight ridge markings which are helpful for aligning the characters and calendars, and also adds an interesting texture to the cardstock.  Once embossed, the paper was then run through the Lawn Fawn rectangle die.  To make the shorter (duck) version, I placed the die where I wanted to cut the piece and ran it through the Big Shot only up to that place.
The characters and words were stamped, colored with Copic pens, and fussy cut.  For the hearts, I used the Lawn Fawn heart border die and added some glitter. (Sorry, I didn't photograph the glitter sheets from which the hearts were cut. They were from HM Ben Franklin Crafts and they came in large packages of color coordinating colors.  I bought the pink shades but now I want to go back and get the blues and greens. LOL!
Rather than use the whole sheet magnet on the backs, I chose to add magnet strips. I now think I should have used the magnet sheets because they would have given more support to the cardstock. Adding a second back sheet of cardstock may have the same effect. Funny note: I did see glitter on my toilet seat and floating in the water.  Hopefully, the glitter came off my hands.....LOL!

P.S. Here is what the back of the larger calendar looks like after I applied another back to make it more sturdy. I chose a Doodlebug Designs printed 12x12 cardstock. I thought the cute faces on the craft supplies were adorable and really went well with the grumpling characters.  I added only two strips of magnets because I didn't want to cover up the pretty paper design.




3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, these calendars are sooo sweet and I absolutely ❤️ the sentiments. Made me chuckle. 🤗🤗🤗

yyam said...

Awww....super cute!

Annette Allen said...

Hey these look familiar... totally LOVE..