Saturday, February 26, 2022

Grumpy Characters Rolladex-style Calendar

Way back in the fall I purchased some Taylored Expressions blank calendars and the coordinating stamp images.  I finally have some spare time to decorate them.  
I stamped the characters on marker paper and colored them with Copic markers before fussy cutting them. 
Next I used my Misti stamping tool to line up the words onto the calendar pages.  
Pop up foam dots were used to give the characters more dimension on the pages.
Finally, a tiny hole on the top of each page was punched with a small diameter hole puncher.  Lastly, the calendar pages were strung onto a metal curtain hook to form a revolving calendar that can be hung up or stood up on a desk.  I like how this calendar turned out but I think when I make more I will try to figure out how to do less fussy cutting...perhaps stamp on a piece of white paper, cut into a basic shape and just glue it down. Also some of the words did not show up well on the color printed background so I think for the next calendar I will stamp and cut out thought balloons.  I'll try to post the results of my next calendar creations.  HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

 

2 comments:

Rachael Uyeshiro said...

Such a great idea for a gift or your office desk. Thank you for sharing! 😍☺️

Annette Allen said...

yay for fun calendars.. you are always so good that creating these..