Thursday, March 3, 2022

Girl's Day Card and Bag Topper

Happy Girl's Day! (March 3rd) Because I don't have any daughters or granddaughters, I often forget to craft something for that special day. This year because I just purchased the Spellbinder sakura die from HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I was inspired to make this card. It was super easy to create this card because the die set also had the dies for the flowers and leaves. The girl in a kimino was stamped using a very old wooden handled stamp of unknown origin.
Because I had extra paper and my favorite sakura ume arare (from Wholesale Unlimited) I decided to create a bag topper too. The sakura cello bag is from HM Ben Franklin Crafts...lots of prints and sizes available.

                                                

From this close up you can see that I used two colors of pink vellum to make the blossoms. I like the delicate look and ability to bend up the vellum petals.
The girl image on the bag topper is an old Mari and Me stamp.  I paper pieced the kimonos on the girls by stamping on printed origami paper and then cutting out the kimonos before gluing them down.  I am pleased with how these Girl's Day projects turned out. I hope you all will have a great Girl's Day and give a hug to all your favorite girls.


1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so sweet.. what a fun bag topper.