Monday, March 21, 2022

I just couldn't resist trying to remake the shaker card from the previous post.  I wanted to simplify the whole construction so I decided to go with a pocket shaker style like the cards I've seen on Annette Allen's (My Clever Creations) blog site.  Rather than purchase the clear pockets designed for shaker cards, I thought I could make a simple one from a Heiko cello bag sold in 50 count packages at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  First, I cut a piece of the chocolate candy print card stock so that it exactly fit the cello bag.  Next, I filled in the shaker sprinkles and peeled off the protective strip so that the sticky surface of the flap was revealed.  When folded over and sealed, the shaker pouch exactly fits a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card (well, a hairline of the pouch extends over the edge of the card). I simply used double stick adhesive to attach the pouch to the card.  It was simple to die cut the words from foil and glitter card stock and use Fabri-Tac glue to attach it to the card front.  I put little round styrofoam balls in the pouch but they have so much static that they don't move around easily. Boo-hoo! (Please excuse the glare in the photos from my camera flash....Boo-hoo!... two times!)
I decided that I wanted a border around the card, so for the next card I cut a card stock just slightly larger than the pouch and used double stick tape to attach them together.  This solved the problem of the slightly too big pouch on the first card, but now this card won't fit the standard envelope....sigh!  Oh well, I think using the  clear cello bags are a really easy way to make colorful shaker cards.  You can be sure that you will see me using this technique in the future. Hugs and smiles!

 

3 comments:

yyam said...

Sometimes crafting can be such a learning experience. It looks fabulous though. :)

eunice said...

Bravo! This second shaker card looks fabulous as well. I like it even more because it sounds like it would be easier to put together. Can't wait to give this a try soon. Thanks for the great ideas!

Annette Allen said...

I am so glad that you are loving those shaker pouches. It is always fun to learn something new. Lots of shaker fun.. i love it