Monday, May 16, 2022

Mother's Day and Spring Pop Up Platform Cards

These cards were inspired by the new Lawn Fawn 'Beary Rainy Day' stamp and die sets.  I just love the images and couldn't wait to pair them with the Lawn Fawn platform pop-up dies.  The hardest decisions I had to make were the color and paper choices.  The scenes were colored with Copic pens before die cutting.
I found the perfect rainy background paper (from my stash of HM BFC sale cardstock) that was used to cut the back drop.  The water design paper used to form the platform is a Lawn Fawn product.
For this Mother's Day card I used a card stock that had a pink (with gold flecks) stripe on a grey marble like print. The stripe fit exactly within the die so when folded the platform really looked like a stage.
Here is a view of the backs. The back of the smiling cloud background card stock had a rainbow design that fit well with the card.  The back of the raining cloud card stock was green with numbers so I cut a second cloud one and glued it to the front one before adhering it to the platform.  As you can see the back of the umbrella is white.  I had to glue die cut white card stock to some of the die cut pieces to cover up the Copic pen ink that bled through to the back.
This is what the cards look like flattened for inserting in an envelope for mailing. From this view you can see the gold stripe that was part of the pink platform part.  I heat embossed the Happy Mother's Day with gold powder on rainbow striped card stock.  The other card has dark blue embossed words, 'Hello Spring'.  Even though it took me longer than usual to create these cards, I really love the way they turned out. It was so worth getting the platform dies and add-ons because they can be used to make a wide variety of cards by simply changing the images.  I think I can even make the platforms now without consulting the Lawn Fawn video! Even though these cards are fairly uncomplicated, I think the recipients will be impressed and keep the cards on display...maybe a little longer than others.  I hope you'll try to make a platform card, too....guarantee that you'll be hooked like me!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Yay! Another pair of amazing platform cards. All the time you spent stamping, coloring and die cutting resulted in beautiful keepsake pieces that are sure to be loved and appreciated.