Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Boy's Day Flying Carp Card

Boy's Day was a Japanese celebration on the fifth day of the fifth month, May 5th. Today it is known as Children's Day even though Girl's Day is still celebrated on March 3rd. Does anyone know why the change was made?  In our household my husband still hangs up the cloth carp every year..one for every male in the family.  I decided to make a card to fit in a regular size envelope since I just recently purchased two rounded corner Whimsy slimline mini dies.  I found just the right printed card stock in  my scrap pile because it looked like waves.  It was simple to construct a shaker box with the dies, printed card stock, an acetate sheet and two blue foam sheets.  I purchased the Sparkletz confetti at HM BFC. They sell so many colors and shapes I had to get several packages...wink*Wink*wink!  I used three different old wood handled stamps from Taj, Mari and Me, and Dandelion Designs to compose the images which were stamped and heat embossed before fussy cutting. To cover the exposed two sheets of foam on the sides, I glued on a thin matching ribbon (not shown in photo). It was a little difficult to stamp just the words and fit them within a circle but I think it looks okay. Overall, I like the shaker effect and the humor of the little boy hanging onto one of the carp....generations of boys have never been able to resist grabbing for them. Happy Boy's Day! 

 

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a fun shaker card.. very creative and fun.

eunice said...

Your tri-window shaker card is very cool! And I love how you combined different elements from three different stamps to create a fun image for your card. So creative!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute and creative Boys Day shaker card. Looks absolutely awesome!!! Karen 🌹