Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Shaker Gift Card Holders and Ornaments



The top two gift card holders are Xmas versions of the one I made for Halloween. I used the Sizzix border frame on a thin foam sheet to make the well for the snowflakes and fake snow. Then I glued another frame made from cardstock onto a piece of acetate. Once the glue was dry, I cut around the acetate, put the snowflakes in the shaker and glued the acetate down onto the foam. The bottom two shakers were made into ornaments because I used a fatter foam sheet to allow for thicker shaker fillers. The thicker foam is a bit hard to cut but if you press as you cut it will go through the Big Shot machine. Perhaps later I'll make a card and embellish it with a shaker ornament that the recipient can remove from the card and hang on a tree. The cute polar bear was made from an Imaginesce rubber stamp image that was flocked. The girl with the cap is a Hero Arts stamp image with the fur trim flocked.The felt flowers are also from Hero Arts. Be sure to stamp the words BEFORE assembling the shaker box frame. The polar bears are on a background of Imaginesce paper and the girls with the caps are on K and Co. paper. I plan to make lots of the gift card holders because all of my crafty friends are getting Ben Franklin Crafts gift cards this year and craft magazine subscriptions. I've decided that I have unusual taste in gifts so I won't give anything this year that requires choosing a color or style. Oh, one last thing about Christmas shaker cards.....check out Ben Franklin Crafts mini-tree trimming section for miniature items to put in your shaker box cards....so many cute, tiny Christmas items!

1 comment:

kris said...

oooh these will make great gifts!!! TFS! hugs, Kris