Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Gobble Gobble Day!

I hope you all had a good Turkey Day! I sure gobbled up more than my share of Thanksgiving calories. We're taking a break before going on to the pie......sigh! Black Friday is usually the start of my shopping panic. This is the day I realize that I need to get the gifts in the mail by next week, and that includes baking some cookies. As you see in the photo above I've begun cheating and buying cookie boxes. There are only so many things I can craft before the mailing deadline so I feel that if I at least decorate the boxes with a few embellishments that will show some effort. Besides the super cute and inexpensive treat boxes, I found some other mailing/wrapping helpers at Ben Franklin Crafts. I love the round ornament boxes which are perfect for wrapping handmade jewelry to hang on the tree. For some of the young guys on my gift list (who wouldn't appreciate handmade gift/money holders), I think I will use the well- made Gerson felt holders...what a bargain! I bought the Little Pot Pals for my boys so that they can feel the joy of being creative this holiday weekend. I think no one is too old or too cool to craft. The kits come complete (a super buy) and are adorable. I found a bunch of miniature ornaments from Darice (resin angels) and Gerson (jointed snowmen and santas) which are lightweight and highly detailed. Their low price makes it possible to incorporate them onto a card or tag. The strands of frosted snowflakes and little heart, star or flower beads were not purchased for decorating the tree. I plan to cut apart the snowflakes and use them for gift tags by writing the names with slick writers. The other strands are not going to be used this Christmas but will adorn Valentine cards or cut apart to fill Fourth of July/Easter shaker cards. I hope I've given you some good shopping ideas. Don't forget tomorrow there are TWO 40% off coupons for Ben Franklin Crafts, one at 7-9 in the morning and the other for 7-9 in the evening. See you there. Have a bargain-filled Black Friday shopping day!

No comments: