Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bunny Tea Time Thank You Card

 I am a big fan of the Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit stories (much to the annoyance of my boys who reluctantly listened to me read the books and only half-watched the videos) so of courseI love the Hero Arts images in the 'Welcome Home' clear stamp set with matching dies. Because the images are so petite, I needed a way to make them stand out.  The solution was to use the Spellbinders 'Contemporary Squares' die.  I cut two panels, one from pearlized pink cardstock (Paper Accents 5x7 pad sold at BFC) and the other from white watercolor paper.  The animal and teapot/tea cup images were stamped onto watercolor paper and die cut after coloring. Originally, I had planned to color everything on the watercolor paper with watercolors, but silly me, I forgot and used markers instead...they look okay anyway. The 'Thanks'(Impression Obsession) was also cut from the pearlized cardstock.  
For extra cuteness, I added some self-stick pearls which come on a sheet that can be cut apart in rows for easy application.  The mini half pearl stickers can be purchased in the HM Ben Franklin Crafts wedding department. I 'found' the pink pearl hearts in my bottomless stash drawer *wink*wink*.  The background floral paper came from a 6-1/2" square KaiserCraft paper pack. HM Ben Franklin Crafts will be carrying KaiserCraft papers in the future and I think you'll be thrilled by the selection. Lots of new items will be flowing into our stores so go shopping and give your crafting a boost!

No comments: