Sunday, April 23, 2017

Tropical Photo Folders.

Recently, while perusing the graduation supplies available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I discovered some attractive photo folders in 10 packs. I picked the lauhala look because I thought local crafters would find it fun to decorate for graduations, weddings or other celebrations.  The stores also received a shipment of KaiserCraft products including a tropical line with dies, stamps, embossing folders, die cuts, printed card stock, and wooden pieces.  To simplify the decorating, I die cut the hibiscus and monstera leaves out of watercolor paper and painted them with Daniel Smith watercolors.
 I think this line of watercolors (sold at BFC) yields some amazing results and makes each die cut unique. It's fun to practice watercolor techniques on a small die cut.
To add to the folders, I adhered some KaiserCraft printed card stock to the left side of the folders and added the die cut (Avery Elle) 'aloha'. This allows a space for the person in the photo to write a message.
 Onto the lower right sides of the folders, I used Heiko tape to attach the die cut KaiserCraft words.
 If you are limited on time, you can just use glue dots to attach KaiserCraft die cuts to decorate the photo folders.  However you decide to embellish the photo folders, I think you will appreciate the simplicity of this useful, decorative project. Happy Graduation Season!
I just realized that a grandchild's photo in the tropical photo folder would make a great Mother's Day gift. Happy Mother's Day too!

No comments: