Saturday, April 15, 2017

Peek-a-Boo Shaker Egg Tag

 I first imagined this project as a card but then I realized that the largest egg die was pretty small, so it became a tag. LOL!  I came up with this design while reminiscing  about my favorite Easter memory, which was when my parents gave me a hollow sugar egg with a scene inside.  I started cutting out the egg card base by positioning the largest Spellbinder egg die slightly off the card fold so that the card would cut out in one piece.  Next I die cut another egg shape and die cut the  Sizzix circle window into it.  With the Darice daisy embossing folder, I impressed the egg shape with the window. A piece of acetate was glued behind the window and two foam sheet eggs were die cut.  Slightly larger circles (than the one used on the front) were die cut out of the foam eggs...this is so they won't show through the window.  The foam eggs with the windows were glued down onto the card front before adding the egg-shaped confetti and die cut 'chocolate' bunnies. A little lacy ribbon was added for decoration and to form the tag loop.
 I am obsessed with the Impression Obsession word dies like the 'Easter Greetings' because they are so beautiful and easily die cut the fancy delicate letters. I like that unlike stamping, die cutting isn't risky....you can't undo a botched stamping.  I plan to do this peek-a-boo egg again (perhaps next year) after I find a larger egg die. Instead of confetti I think I will fill the window with a scene (to recreate the one in the original sugar egg) and maybe I'll apply some superfine glitter to replicate the sugary surface of the real sugar Easter egg. I hope that you'll take the time to make some Easter memories for yourself and your loved ones.  Happy Easter!

No comments: