Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Macron Girl Birthday Card


These cards were inspired by a pack of Daiso decoupage tissue. One of the sheets in this pack had colorful macron cookies on it. Since I had success with other decoupage projects using these thin but strong tissues, I decided to make some macron birthday cards. The macron printed tissue was decoupaged ( I used a Japanese decoupage solution from HM BFC but Modge Podge or watered down white glue can be used) onto white card stock. Once dried, I sized and cut the macron decorated card    stock to fit the colored card blank.  Next, I stamped and colored the Neat and Tangled images and then fussy cut them out.  The images were reassembled to fit the layout of the cards. It was easy work to adhere the images with foam adhesives and add the die cut words (Pebbles and happy Birthday tag from my stash).      

Oh yes, the Hero Arts candle stamps were printed, cut out and adhered to the macrons or tea cups.  The macron tissue had some script words, 'Macrons' which I chose to hide under the cut out images.  I may add some glitter to the macrons or glossy coating to the tea cups for extra pizzaz.  For now, I am just happy to have two new cards for my birthday card stash.  Hope you'll give decoupaging a try.  I think you'll find lots of interesting ways to incorporate it into you crafting.


No comments: