Thursday, July 28, 2022

Gold Filled Bracelets with Pearls and Gemstones

It's fun to have a stash of beads and findings to create the jewelry in my mind.  Also it's convenient when I have gifts to give and cannot think of what the recipient would enjoy.  Hopefully, a handmade bracelet will be more appreciated than a generic gift card.
I generally make my bracelet 7" because that is the most common wrist size.  I started this one with a gold filled charm, in this case I chose a sweet flying bird.  I paired it with pearls and a heart chain. The heart clasp and a tiny Peruvian opal dangle added extra charm.
The second bracelet highlights an extremely blue larimar bead and a gold filled flower charm. I felt that these enhanced the luster of the soft pink pearls.  
These close-up photos show why I get so excited when I take out my jewelry supplies. I've purchased most of my metal parts and gemstones from HM Ben Franklin Crafts over the many years that I have imagined what jewelry I want to wear or give.
If you think you can't make jewelry like this, just go to HM BFC and see if you can sign up for a simple wire wrapping class and pick up some bead strands plus gold filled or sterling 24 gauge wire.  Oh, and don't forget to get some jewelry tools...a round nose plier, flat nose plier and wire cutter are all you really need.  Come on, I know you want to try jewelry making and I know you CAN do it!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These bracelets are BEAUTIFUL!!!! So dainty. ❤️❤️❤️