Monday, August 1, 2022

Monster Birthday Cards

My identical twin grandsons are celebrating their 4th birthday with a picnic at the beach so I decided that the Hero Arts 'Party Monsters' stamp set and Lawn Fawn 'Meadow Backdrop' die would work well for the card front.  The tiny images were colored with Copic pens and color pencils, then fussy cut...tedious work for me.  Lawn Fawn dies were used to cut out the number 4 and the clouds. The words were printed from the Hero Arts 'Monster Fun' stamp set and die cut with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die.
Since the twins look the same on the outside but have different personalities, I decided to create different card interiors. The monsters and words were from Whimsy 'Monster Moods' and 'Monster Birthday' stamp and die sets.  They were colored with smudged Hero Arts reactive inks that were misted a bit with water.  I stamped the monster words and then hand drew the word bubbles before cutting them out.  These monsters as well as the ones on the card front were adhered with foam adhesives to add some dimension.  I'm not sure four-year-olds will be too interested in the birthday cards but I think they will be amused with their birthday gifts. Can you guess what we got for them?

 

No comments: