Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Happy Purrthday Card

For my daughter-in-law's birthday card I wanted to use a Whimsy floral slimline card stock sheet from a pack that I just purchased.  I liked that the flowers were done in bokeh style. I also wanted to use some recently purchased Whimsy cat confetti...so cute!  It was super easy to make a shaker card using a piece of acetate, Sizzix scallop circle die, Whimsy slimline mini stitched die, and Scrapbook Adhesive foam tape.  
Lawn Fawn and Neat and Tangled images plus words were stamped with waterproof ink and colored in with Copic pens.  The cats look plain because they were colored to look like my daughter-in-law's twin cats.  Although the card was a little small for the envelope, I thought the Daiso blue envelope was a good match. (It was only $1.50 for a pack of twelve.)  The Whimsy printed card stock was supposed to be for a full sized slimline card so when I used the mini die I ended up with a small piece of scrap. You know me, I couldn't resist turning it into a tag. I really like the tag especially with the fluffy yarn added.  Making the card and tag made me happy so I know that crafting is good for my soul!

 

No comments: