Thursday, August 25, 2022

Panda Anniversary Card

 I was inspired by the sample card on the back of the I-crafter panda stamp package (purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  I could tell from the photo that the creator of the card used a die to cut out the circle for the sun and added the fussy cut panda images.  I liked the layout but thought that I would try making a one layer card using masks to protect the previously stamped images.  I began by stamping the pandas with black ink. Then I created a mask for the pandas by stamping on an adhesive backed shipping label (free from some orders)  and fussy cutting out the pandas.  (I couldn't locate my package of masking paper...sigh, so much stuff.) After placing the panda mask over the stamped pandas on my white card stock, I made a circular mask with my Spellbinder die. To make the mask easy to remove I sprinkled on some cornstarch so that the mask was tacky but not going to adhere to the card. Once I had the circle mask down over the masked pandas, I blotted on some yellow Tim Holtz Distress ink and spritzed it with water. To protect the sun (moon?) I used the cut out circle to cover it. More Time Holtz Distress inks (purple and blue plus shades of green) were dabbed onto the card and spritzed with water.  Finally, the bamboo was stamped in green and ochre inks. To insure that the sentiment would be legible, I used my Misti stamp aligner. It was a good thing that I did because there were a few words that had to be inked up more than once.

I had another sentiment stamp (Penny Black) that I wanted to use on this card so I stamped it on a small white rectangle and smudged the edges with olive green ink.  I adhered it to the side of the card's interior so that it would be easier to write a message.  This card was really easy to make and I'm pleased that I chose to make it in a single layer.  Overall, I think this card is attractive and hopefully it will bring a smile to my hubby's face as he realizes that the pandas' butts look just like ours. LOL!    


3 comments:

eunice said...

Your sweet panda card is beautiful!!! Thank you for giving all the details of the step by step process of creating this amazing card. The sentiments you've chosen are perfect; hubby will be so pleased!

Anonymous said...

Awww, sweetness to the max. Totally love your scene and the perfect sentiment.

Annette Allen said...

what a sweet Anniversary card and those pandas.... too cute