Saturday, August 13, 2022

Elegant and Easy Wedding Cards

I decided to make a bunch of wedding cards because of upcoming events.  These are the first two of a series  Using Gansai pearlized watercolors I painted an abstract blend of three colors onto some watercolor paper.  I left these to dry before cutting them to be just slightly smaller than the white pearlized card blanks.  Using a sticky but dry tape runner (Japanese type in small hand dispenser possibly available at Daiso or Celebrations), I ran the dispenser over the front of the watercolored piece. Next I laid a sheet of the super thin, gossamer tissue with gold and silver flecks over the sticky water colored blank  (I'm not sure exactly where I purchased the tissue from but you may be able to find some at Celebrations or online at a Japanese washi paper site. I applied the sticky tape to the back edge of the card and folded the wispy tissue over to adhere.  This whole piece was then glued to the card blank and the square foil sticker (Double Happiness or Celebrate) was adhered.
My camera skills don't do justice to the subtle details of these cards.  They really did turn out to be lovely and softly delicate. Although the plan was to use them for wedding cards, they could easily be used for birthdays or other special occasions. Please return to this blog site to see the other versions of  wedding cards that I create.

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love how the gossamer tissue is translucent enough to allow the pearlized water colors show through. Very elegant! Your talent of mixing different mediums to create beautiful paper is amazing!