Sunday, September 4, 2022

Lemonade in a Bottle Card

It's so hot that I'm sweating even with the fan on....and I NEVER sweat!  I decided that making a lemonade card might make me feel cooler.  I recently purchased a Lawn Fawn lemon die set and I felt that it would pair nicely with Pink & Main's lemonade bottle stamp and die sets.  It took several tries to align the stamps before die cutting out the bottle.  In hindsight I should have used my Misti stamping tool. It would have made the procedure a snap.  Anyway, after stamping and die cutting the straw, lemon slices and the sweet faced lemon, I was ready to assemble the card. I found a Doodlebug lemonade paper and die cut a Whimsy mini slimline shape.  I adhered all the parts to the die cut rounded corner rectangle before attaching the whole piece to a rectangle card blank made from a sheet of Lawn Fawn pink striped card stock.  (I rounded the corners with a cropper tool.)  I am pleased with the overall look of the card but next time I think I might make the bottle into a shaker element with citrus fruit confetti.  The message on the bottle is a little difficult to read so I'll type it here because it is a meaningful one:  "There is no lemon so sour that you can't make something resembling lemonade." Pucker up and turn your lemons into lemonade....add lots of sugar please!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is very refreshing and well coordinated with the design paper, images and sentiment.

Annette Allen said...

cute card.. love all the summer vibes.