Monday, September 26, 2022

Happy Fall Autumn Leaves Card

I am always attracted to crafting supplies with autumn leaves so of course I had to purchase the Hero Arts Bold Prints, Stencil square and Fancy dies shown below.  I started by stenciling the leaves onto some watercolor paper (the texture is very leaf-like).  I used three autumn colored stamping inks and applied them with soft bristled stenciling brushes.  Next I stamped the leaf print with copper metallic ink.  In the photo the swirling leaves are barely visible but up close it's a nice touch. Perhaps next time I'll stamp the image and then use heat embossing powder to make it stand out more.  I love the die cut leaves and acorns especially the embossed details.  They were cut from pearlized metallic papers which are usually available during the holidays.  The 'HAPPY fall' words (Lawn Fawn) were cut from copper colored glitter paper. I think the extra large glittered letters really convey the excitement I feel when the fall season arrives. Even if the leaves in Hawaii don't float down (unless the tree is dying...LOL) I think  autumn marks the beginning of the holidays....HOORAY!!!!!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

What a beautiful and stunning autumn themed card! Love the wonderful look you acheived by layering stamped and stenciled images together with glittery and shiny die cuts. I love the colors of autumn as well, but not so much the coming of the holidays, lol!