I am always attracted to crafting supplies with autumn leaves so of course I had to purchase the Hero Arts Bold Prints, Stencil square and Fancy dies shown below. I started by stenciling the leaves onto some watercolor paper (the texture is very leaf-like). I used three autumn colored stamping inks and applied them with soft bristled stenciling brushes. Next I stamped the leaf print with copper metallic ink. In the photo the swirling leaves are barely visible but up close it's a nice touch. Perhaps next time I'll stamp the image and then use heat embossing powder to make it stand out more. I love the die cut leaves and acorns especially the embossed details. They were cut from pearlized metallic papers which are usually available during the holidays. The 'HAPPY fall' words (Lawn Fawn) were cut from copper colored glitter paper. I think the extra large glittered letters really convey the excitement I feel when the fall season arrives. Even if the leaves in Hawaii don't float down (unless the tree is dying...LOL) I think autumn marks the beginning of the holidays....HOORAY!!!!!
More Than One Fold at Allsorts Challenge
-
It's time for a new theme to start at Allsorts challenge and this time Liz
is hosting. Her optional theme is *"More than one Fold" *or you can go with
the ...
5 hours ago


1 comment:
What a beautiful and stunning autumn themed card! Love the wonderful look you acheived by layering stamped and stenciled images together with glittery and shiny die cuts. I love the colors of autumn as well, but not so much the coming of the holidays, lol!
Post a Comment