Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Par-tea Time Birthday Card

New Lawn Fawn products always inspire me to create something fun.  This card was made for a friend who has an upcoming birthday and is a tea lover like me. I started the background by decoupaging a section of rose design tissue paper from a Daiso assorted paper pack (only $1.50 for 5 12x12 sheets!). Refer to the previous post to learn about decoupaging.  Next, I used the LF scalloped edge rectangle die to cut out the white card base ( keep the die just shy of the top edge so that the card won't be cut in two). I really like the stitching lines that the die impresses. Once the decoupaged rose paper is dry, cut it to fit on the card front.  The tea cup was easily die cut as was the spoon which is nice, cut from silver card stock. I put a darker blue paper behind the die cut face of the tea cup. The cute animals were stamped, colored with Copic markers and die cut. The pieces were adhered with foam adhesives and lastly the word strip was added.
For the inside of the card, I used my Misti stamp aligner to print the words and cake plate. The cake was added later. I am happy with this simple card because it really does suit the recipient....hmmm, now I think I need to get her something with a tea theme for her birthday.

 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Another cutie! You put a lot of effort in your creation...I'm sure your friend would love it. :)

eunice said...

Adorable! What a neat idea to decoupage designer tissue to cardstock to create the backdrop for your cute stamped images on your card front. Also love the feminine look of the all around stitched and scalloped border, very pretty!