Saturday, October 8, 2022

Embossed Autumn Leaves Card

I wanted to play with some newly purchased autumnal crafting supplies.  For this first card I used the Sizzix Autumn leaves embossing plate on light brown card stock.  To highlight the leaves and acorns, I rubbed on Ranger distress crayons.  Trimmed to size, this panel was adhered to a Kraft paper blank card. The words were die cut (using the Lawn Fawn die) from a light olive green shimmer paper (DCWV) and adhered with Beacon 3-in-1 glue.
For this second card, the leaves were embossed onto a watercolor paper that was rubbed with Distress crayons and sprayed with metallic Distress inks.  (Dry the paper before embossing.)  The cute Whimsy squirrel was stamped, colored with Copic inks and fussy cut by hand before attaching to the card with foam adhesive dots.  As you can see these cards were super simple to make and gave me a chance to try some new supplies and techniques.  It's just too bad my camera failed to capture the shimmery look of these cards.  I just returned from Boston and the leaves were just starting to turn colors, a yearly event which never ceases to inspire my card crafting. Fall is definitely my favorite season!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Beautiful autumnal cards! The distress crayons and mica spray look like some fun stuff to play with. Love the pretty muted colors, and I'll bet the mica spray adds a lovely shimmer irl too. Thanks for sharing cards created using these new products, I had been curious about them and your cards are encouraging me to go shopping!