Thursday, October 20, 2022

Haunted House Slimline Card

I purchased the Whimsy Haunted Graveyard Border Die Set last year but didn't have time to try it out until this year.  I love the spooky look and the fact that it has three moon dies.  I used it to cut out a piece of textured grey card stock which I sprayed with Distress metallic ink.  I blotted the excess ink so the result was a slight shimmer. Perhaps I should have sprayed the ink on the paper first, let it dry, and then cut it out so that there would be speckles.  The background paper is from a Whimsy Stamps Designer Paper Pack called Nebula.  The moon was cut from a scrap of watercolor paper that I had hand dyed.  I really like the look of the moon with the die cut bats.  Maybe I should have sprayed the moon with shimmery Distress Ink too.  Overall, I think this card turned out well and it was super simple to make so that's a plus too. Please return to this site again to see a few more Halloween cards that I've been planning. It's the spooky season!

 

No comments: