Monday, October 24, 2022

Zombie Halloween Card

Remember the iconic scene of Jack Nicholson in the Shining?  That's basically the look I was trying to achieve with this zombie card. I started by stamping the Whimsy image in black permanent ink onto white card stock.  Then I used watercolor pencils to roughly color in the zombies and lightly brushed them with water to blend the colors.  Next I cut a piece of DCWV Gauze Paper to fit the purple card blank.  I tore the center of the gauze paper rectangle to accommodate the zombie image.  Small pieces of the gauze paper were glued back to give a better frame for the image. I love the way the gauze paper fibers hang down over the zombies making them look even spookier.  The 'Happy Halloween' words were cut from grey card stock using the Whimsy die and glued down with Beacon 3 in 1 adhesive.  I usually make cute Halloween cards suitable for kids, but I did have fun with this one and now this zombie stamp is one of my favorites.  Oooooh! Noooo! Am I going to the dark side? Muahaha!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, your card sure has the spook effect. Scary indeed. Nice job! Happy Halloween. Karen

eunice said...

Welcome to the DARK SIDE... Lol! I really like your spooky zombie card with the gauzy paper that reminds me of a mummy. Your creativity is spans so many genres!