Sunday, March 5, 2023

Elegant Embossed Wedding Card

I was eager to test out the new Sizzix Tim Holtz embossing folder that I just purchased. After running plain white card stock (in the embossing folder) through my Big Shot, I decided to rub some Inka Gold metallic paste over the embossed design to bring out the details.  I used both gold and platinum colors. (If the paste dries out over time, you can refresh it with water.) When I was satisfied with the results, I die cut the Marianne couple image from silver vellum. I really love the slightly raised details of the couple's attire and features. (Sorry the photo was not able to capture the subtle details.)  Next, I stamped the words from the Hero Arts stamp set on a white card stock and heat embossed it with silver powder. After the swirling embossed rectangle was adhered to a pearlized white card, the die cut couple and heat embossed words were attached with Fabri-Tac Beacon glue. This card came together quickly and I was very happy with the end result. Hope you'll give 3D embossing folders a try. I think you'll be very happy with the results and amazed at how easy it is to give a plain piece of paper an interesting look.

                                           

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

wow stunning Wedding card..