Friday, March 17, 2023

Saimin and Sushi Card

I was besotted with the Clearly Besotted stamp sets, Fast Food Plushies and Fast Food Scenes. They are so cute that it doesn't take much effort to create something adorably yummy.  I started with a piece of fibrous washi paper and dry embossed it with the Whimsy 'Thatched' embossing folder.  I used the Hero Arts Infinity dies to cut the card blank and washi paper (before embossing). If you align  the fold of the card stock just below the the top of the die you can easily cut a card blank to fit a Daiso envelope (small slimline size, 5 in a pack).  The images were stamped with permanent black ink and colored with Copic pens before fussy cutting them.  The words from the Whimsy stamp set (We Go Perfectly) were stamped and then cut out before gluing down.  The fussy cut images were glued or adhered with foam dots.  I am happy with the finished look of this card and especially like the look of the background which I think looks like a 'tatami' mat (woven grass Japanese floor covering).  I think the products I used for this card will have many uses for future projects....always something to consider when making craft purchases. Okay, time to eat...this card makes me hungry...LOL!

 

No comments: