Friday, April 21, 2023

Bunny Button Bottle

I've had the mini stuffed bunny for years, tucked in a craft drawer.  Actually, I bought several from HM Ben Franklin Crafts (50 cents each) as well as a giant bag of mini teddy bears.  A small recycled jar (that held a Japanese condiment)inspired me to put together this project.  I started by hot gluing the yarn around the jar lid and then gluing down the bunny. 


A floral sprig and light brown pom pom were glued on next.  Yes, I did have all the parts for this project in my overflowing craft area....years of hoarding...hahaha!

I think this  Bunny Button Bottle goes well with this Hallmark Xmas ornament that I've had on my bedside table for years. His name is 'Thread-bear'. Isn't he adorable with his spool body and thimble hat?  I know that these two will be friends forever.  This project only took minutes to make. What shall I create next? Maybe I'll make a Bunny Bottle for jelly beans!



 

3 comments:

eunice said...

I remember dressing up those mini bears and bunnies many years ago in ribbon and lace for ornaments! Using your bunny to dresss up and repurpose a condiment jar to hold colorful buttons is such a cute and fun idea!

Anonymous said...

OMG, how CUUUTE is that? I absolutely love it!!!
Karen

Annette Allen said...

aww now that is a sweet treat..