Thursday, April 13, 2023

Happy Spring Treat Bag


I 'found' a stash of Hawaiian Airlines snack bags (given on flights to the mainland) amongst my collection of things to recycle.  It was an exciting find because the bags are a cute size and have a neutral colored surface.  Since I still had my set of Art Impressions stamps with dies Easter Chicks set out, I decided to use the adorable images again.  I also used Lawn Fawn dies for the words and grassy hills. The chick images were stamped, colored with Copic pens, and die cut before adhering them to the die cut grass. Sticker eggs were also applied before the words glued down. Because the Hawaiian Airlines logo still showed above the 'Happy Spring', I camouflaged it with some mini artificial flowers.  Usually, I leave the sturdy woven handles on the bags I decorate, but this time I wanted to give the bag a more festive look so I changed out the brown woven ribbons for gauzy floral ones. I left the wires in the ribbon because I wanted to be able to shape the handles for the photos, but normally I would remove the wire to make the handles softer for the recipient to hold.  The back of the bag was decorated too, using the stickers that were leftover from the package that held the egg stickers (old, inexpensive set).  I had a lot of fun making this bag which was a good break from card making. Well, onward to make more treat bags and of course buy marshmallow peeps and chocolate bunnies!





 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Super duper cute! LOVE that you switched out the handles for pretty ones!

eunice said...

I enjoy seeing the way you always dress up the handled gift bags you save and make them look so special. The Art Impression Chick stamped images together with flowers and stickers pretty floral ribbon transformed your Hawaiian Air snack bag into a very fancy gift bag for your Easter goodies.