Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Stenciled Bunnies and Easter Eggs Card



Yes, I know that it is time to move on to other non-Easter projects, but I LOVE bunnies, dyeing Easter eggs, marshmallow peeps, the thrill of the egg hunt and all things Easter (my favorite holiday).  I was determined to use the Taylored Expressions bunny stencil (purchased last year). Usually, when I stencil a design I use a stencil brush and some type of paint or ink.  This time I wanted to see if I could make a raised surface design so I pressed a Versa Mark clear ink pad onto the stencil that was laid over an Easter egg design Echo Park printed card stock.  Next I sprinkled some Hero Arts puffy white embossing powder and heat embossed the paper. 


Since this was my first attempt at this self-invented technique, I was quite pleased that it worked just as I imagined it would.  The only drawback was that the stencil became a bit tacky from the ink.  I tried washing it off and was able to diminish the stickiness a bit with cornstarch.  The plastic stencil is still in great condition for future projects. This second photo shows the card at a slight angle which makes it easier to see the bunny designs.  For the words, I chose some words from another Echo Park 12x12 sheet.  I cut it down a bit, ink dyed the edges, splattered on gold ink and traced the words with a purple watercolor pencil so they would be more visible. I really am pleased with the look of this card and definitely will try another version perhaps with glue stenciled on and white flocking sprinkled on top of it.  What do you think?

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

What a neat idea! First time for me seeing puffy embossing powder... I like how it created little marshmallow bunnies on your card! Can't wait to see what other cool ideas you think of to use with this embossing powder.

Annette Allen said...

what an adorable Easter card.. I hope you had an awesome Easter.