Saturday, April 29, 2023

Kokeshi Doll Boxes

Awhile ago I bought some printed Japanese paper boxes from Daiso and for a long time wondered what to do with them. Inspiration came when I looked at the I-crafter Kokeshi Dress up dies that I bought from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. They were a perfect match both in style and size.
Using the dies didn't present any problems except for the tiny eye and sandal parts. It is hard to keep track of them and hard not to get messy when gluing.  In future uses of these dies I think I will draw in the tiny parts especially since the pieces have impressed marks where the parts should be drawn.  Both Daiso and HM Ben Franklin Crafts have many packs of printed origami paper to choose from for the kimonos.
For the fans, I used the fan die from the set to cut out fans that were printed on one of my pieces of origami paper...it was a cool find!  To save time, I used stickers from my stash to make the floral hair decorations for the kokeshi dolls. It was super simple to create these decorated boxes which can be used for small gifts. Daiso had smaller square printed paper covered boxes too; I know they would make sweet candy or mochi table favors.  I suppose I should have been inspired to make these boxes for Girl's Day (March 3rd)  but May 5th is Boy's Day /Children's Day so these still can make someone happy...your mother (Mother's Day, May 13th)?


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, these are absolutely adorable!!! Yes, perfect for Children’s Day, Mother’s Day or
any occasion. Karen