Monday, May 8, 2023

Hanging Possum Birthday Card


Birthdays seem to roll around way too quickly these days.  I often joke with my girlfriend that she is so-o-o old but then she reminds me that she's only older by six months.  Hahaha!  Anyway, I made this card for one of my OLD friends because I thought it might amuse her.  I found a balloon printed card stock to use as a background and stamped out the possum images before coloring them in with Copic pens.  I have trouble coloring in small areas with the Copic pens so I used some Click/art pens that I purchased in Japan.  (They are Zebra brand so they maybe available in the U.S.) The tips are similar to the Copic pens only much smaller. Fussy cutting the images took a little effort but I think it was worth it after they were mounted on foam dots. 

There are lots of cute images in this Art Impressions stamp set,.  I chose the three hanging possums for the inside of the card because the birthday girl, her sister, and I often have birthday luncheons to celebrate our special days. The words were stamped out on white card stock.  I drew the conversation bubbles and cut them out freehand.  I think this inexpensive, homemade card is successful and hopefully it will make my friend smile on her birthday.... so it's priceless!


 

No comments: