Friday, May 12, 2023

Mother's Day Bag Tag

Awhile ago I bought a huge amount of plastic bag tag sleeves, so every once in awhile I make a new tag for someone.  Sometimes HM Ben Franklin Crafts sells Paper Arts plastic bag tags that are slightly smaller than the one I used (bought online) and have a nice flexible hanging cord.It can be used as a gift tag and then the recipient can use it on his/her luggage or the tag can be the gift and mailed in a business-sized envelope. The Lawn Fawn mother fox die was irresistible and I knew that it would be great for a wonderful mother of sweet twin boys. Although the teeny-tiny pieces are a bit frustrating to glue down, the effect is delightful.  Some people apply adhesive (with the Xyron  machine) to the back of card stock before die cutting but I feel Beacon 3 in 1 glue allows more time to move pieces around if needed and if there is some excess glue showing, the plastic of the tag camouflages it. The grass was cut with the Lawn Fawn grassy hill die that was shown in a previous post.  .

This side of the tag is actually the back of the Echo Park printed card stock that the foxes are on.  Because the words die cut from the lavender side was a little hard to see, I applied some purple ink and that made it more visible.  The tiny acrylic heart stickers have facets so they really add a pop of sparkle to the tag. In hindsight, I should have reversed the baby fox to get the twin in reverse. Oh well , next time...I know I will use these adorable foxes many times in the future, surely in the autumn season.         

 

No comments: