Sunday, May 28, 2023

Slimline Shaker Shower Card




I needed a baby shower card and wanted to create something different.  I chose the Whimsy slimline cloud die because I thought that it coordinated well with the Pebbles card stock that I chose. The 12x12 card stock had flying storks on one side and safety pins on the other.  I made the standard shaker card using foam tape to create a window encasing the safety pin confetti.  The acetate behind the cloud die cut makes it hard to photograph the card without a glare.  I put an extra amount of confetti in because somehow they always seem to get stuck to the edges.




When the confetti is at the bottom of the card you can see the flying cranes holding the bundles of joy. The pregnant mother was stamped, colored and fussy cut before gluing to the top of the banner (from a Pebbles set).  



To the back of the one layer card I adhered a Lawn Fawn die cut pocket and decorated it with a die cut safety pin and die cut banner.  A stamped duck safety pin was colored and fussy cut before adhering onto the flap of the envelope. Little touches like this really add to the overall charm of a handmade greeting. Isn't  making one-of-a-kind sweetness why we all craft?




 

No comments: