Thursday, October 19, 2023

Halloween Moon Foiled Card

This card was super simple but wasn't what I originally planned.  I started by using a Whimsy toner card and light blue foil (for use in the Heidi Swapp foiling machine system).  The photo above makes it seem like the foil is black on the lower left corner but actually this area is blue foil colored too.  Because the moon was too white and boring, I decided to spray on some Distress Mica Stain (Harvest Moon). This liquid is intended for porous paper, so I was able quickly blot off the liquid that pooled on the foiled surface.  I really love the blotchy, mottled surface of the moon...spooky! I was going to add more stuff but I liked the look of the card already so I decided to stop....before I ruined it!  As a final touch, I added the stamped and heat embossed 'Halloween' black paper strip. I am super pleased with this technique of foiling and coloring the Whimsy Toner Card. I think this method should work with other toner cards and foiling machines. You can be sure that I will be making tons of foiled holiday projects since this one was so easy. Please come back to this blog to see them!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Very nice! First time for me seeing a finished card with those toner papers. I like that you added color to the moon as well. Spooky and pretty... pretty spooky!