Saturday, October 28, 2023

Halloween Tags Made from Used Scrap Foil

I've always been a 'waste not, want not'sort of person so when I was doing some foiling using the Heidi Swapp Minc system I was bothered by the foil leftover after it was used on some toner design cards. In my previous posts you can see the foiled designs that I used on Halloween cards.  When I saw that Pink and Main sold ombre toner cards created just for using up the usually discarded foil sheets that had the reverse image of the original toner cards, I immediately ordered some. They did work but the resulting cards did have some minor spots of missing foil so I used them to make some Halloween tags. The missing foil spots actually look spooky like cracks or spider webs. LOL! 
Basically, I just cut tags using Little B dies and added some fussy cut stamped images.  Copic pens were used for most of the coloring but for the tiny parts I used Click Art pens.
To add more fun to the tags, I attached some specialty yarns and Halloween buttons (from HM BFC). A cute, colorful tag can turn even a plain bag into an exciting goodie treat container. Next, I will be testing out some toner ink to see if I can stencil it onto plain and printed card stock so that I can create my own foiled toner cards. Please check back to see the results. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

 

No comments: