Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Halloween Trick-o-Treaters Card

I told myself that this year I wouldn't get any more Halloween supplies because I have boxes of seldom used scary craft items....but then I was tempted once again! LOL!  I purchased a very intricate Sizzix  die set and an adorable Art Impressions stamp set of Halloween cat images that also included some very usable Halloween words. The background for this card was made by using an impression folder that has a reptile skin look. I chose a brownish card stock and rubbed the surface with Viva Inka Gold metallic cream.  This product comes in lots of colors and was purchased many years ago at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. If your jar of cream dries out you can refresh it with a little water.  I think HM BFC may now be selling a brand of luster cream called Metallic Luster.  It is usually available for the holidays to decorate pine cones, candle holders, picture frames, etc. Oh yes, I cut the circle out with a Spellbinders die before using the impression folder.  To make the shaker part of the card, a small piece of acetate film was glued behind and then double sided sticky foam tape was positioned around the window.  The Halloween candy corn confetti (from HM BFC) was placed right below the window before the embossed card top was pressed down.  You can then glue the edges of the embossed piece to the card blank or apply some foam tape to the edges.  To finish up the card, die cut the figures from black card stock and glue them down. (Be sure not to get Fabri-Tac glue on the acetate window because it is super hard to remove it completely. Guess how I know this?)  The last step was to stamp 'Halloween' on white card stock, trim it and grunge up the edges with grey ink. I really love the spooky way this card turned out but that the candy corn made it seem less frightening and highlights what Halloween is all about... CANDY!

 

No comments: