Friday, July 26, 2024

Sweet Triple Decker Ice Cream Thanks


It's still hot and I'm still craving a cold, sweet treat.  To avoid consuming more calories, I decided to make myself ice cream cards.  It was fun to create triple scoop ice cream cones using the Lawn Fawn die set, 'I Scream, You Scream'.  I especially love the realistic cone die that even impresses the cone texture.  It was fun to try to make the different ice cream flavors.  I used some distress embossing powder to turn a mint green die cut scoop into chocolate chip mint ice cream.  The middle scoop started with a die cut scoop of swirling print card stock to which I glued on some fake sprinkles.  I got a little messy with the 'chocolate syrup' (made with Bo Bunny pearlescent paint) that I dribbled on the top scoop and decorated with confetti hearts.  The die cut cherry was made more realistic with a coating of Glossy Accents and the addition of a stem made from a piece of leather sewing thread. So yummy!

                                                        

The card blanks were cut to fit the pastel envelopes from Daiso. My We R Memory Keepers corner cropper was used to round the corners of the card blanks and ice cream printed Simple Stories card stock. Because the printed paper was too distracting, I added a piece of striped white vellum paper to the front of the card under the ice cream cones.  A scallop scissors was used to edge the vellum paper to make it look more festive. Finally, a Lawn Fawn script die was used to cut out the foiled paper 'thanks'. 
This was a fun card to make and it did make me feel cooler just looking at it.  Unfortunately, now I definitely need an ice cream treat....just a single scoop?


No comments: