Saturday, July 6, 2024

Twin Shaker Birthday Cards

This is one of two birthday cards made for my adorable twin grandsons.  I can't believe they are turning six...where does the time go?  Anyway, because as usual I am in a time crunch, I decided to keep the cards simple.  I thought that filling the card with colorful sparkling confetti would appeal to the boys.  I started with a standard card blank and cut the striped Bo Bunny card stock to fit it.  Using a Heiko cellophane self-sealing bag, I enclosed the card stock and added about a tablespoon of confetti. Choosing just the right confetti is the part I enjoy the most.  (I chose fruit and pearly sparkle confetti for this card.)  After taping the bag tightly around the card, I used double stick tape to attach the confetti packet to the card blank.  
Using the Lawn Fawn stamps and matching dies, I stamped, colored (with Copic pens), and die cut the images.  The Happy Birthday circle (My Favorite Things) was die cut from silver DCWV foil paper.  I chose this foil paper because the '6' sticker I had was a silver foil one.  All the parts were glued down to the confetti card with Fabri-Tac glue and the card was done!  That was easy...one done...one more to do! (See next post, please!)

 

No comments: